Following are the indications of Virux® 500 IV Injection:
• Herpes simplex encephalitis
• Acute clinical manifestations of mucocutaneous
• Herpes simplex virus infections in immunocompromised patients
• Severe primary or non-primary genital herpes in immune competent patients
• Varicella zoster virus infection in immunocompromised patients
• Herpes zoster (shingles) in immune competent patients who show very severe acute local or systemic manifestations of the disease
Dosage & Administration:
For normal or immunocompromised adult patients with Herpes simplex infection, the recommended dosage is 5 mg/kg every 8 hours. For very severe Herpes zoster infection (shingles) with normal immune system, the recommended dosage is 5 mg/kg every 8 hours and for immune compromised patients, dosage recommendation is 10 mg/kg every 8 hours. For Herpes simplexencephalitis, the recommended dosage is 10 mg/kg every 8 hours. For neonates, the recommended dosage is 10-20 mg/kg every 8 hours. For children from 1 year to 12 years, the recommended dosage is 5 mg/kg every 8 hours for Herpes simplex infections and 10 mg/kg every 8 hours for Varicella zoster virus infection or with Herpes simplex encephalitis. Each dose should be administered by slow intravenous infusion over an one-hour period.
Virux® 500 IV Injection: Each combipack contains one vial of Acyclovir 500 mg accompanied with 100 ml 0.9 % Sodium Chloride solution (SoloTM), one infusion set, one alcohol prep. pad, one first aid band & one 10 ml sterile disposable syringe.