it is indicated for the treatment of hyperprolactinemic disorders, either idiopathic or due to pituitary adenomas. It is used to stop breast milk production (lactation) soon after childbirth, stillbirth, abortion or miscarriage. It can also be used to treat other conditions caused by hormonal disturbance which can result in high levels of prolactin being produced. This includes high levels of Prolactin caused by tumours of the pituitary gland in both men and women.
Dosage & Administration:
- The recommended dose of Cabergoline tablet for initiation of therapy is 0.25 mg (1/2 of Caberol 0.5 mg tablet*) twice a week. Dosage may be increased by 0.25 mg twice weekly up to a dosage of 1 mg twice a week. (Dosage increases should not occur more rapidly than every 4 weeks)
- After a normal serum prolactin level has been maintained for 6 months, Cabergoline may be discontinued.
- To prevent milk production (lactation): 1 mg (two 0.5 mg tablets) on the first day after delivery.
- To stop lactation once have started to breastfeed: 0.25 mg (1/2 of Caberol 0.5 mg tablet*) every 12 hours for two days.
- In other conditions: initially one 0.5 mg tablet (to be taken in two doses) up to maximum dose of 4.5 mg or until have respond fully to treatment.
Each box contains 6’s tablets (2 Tablets are provided in Alu-PVC blister. This blister is enclosed with an Aluminium sachet (along with a silica gel bag). 3 sachets (with total 6 tablets) are present in a box.