1. Cancer patients receiving myelosuppressive chemotherapy:
Filgrastim is indicated to decrease the incidence of infection, as manifested by febrile neutropenia, in patients with non-myeloid malignancies receiving myelosuppressive anti-cancer drugs associated with a significant incidence of severe neutropenia with fever.
2. Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia, receiving Induction or consolidation chemotherapy:
Filgrastim is indicated for reducing the time to neutrophil recovery and the duration of fever, following induction or consolidation chemotherapy treatment of adults with AML.
3. Cancer patients receiving bone marrow transplant:
Filgrastim is indicated to reduce the duration of neutropenia and neutropenia-related clinical sequelae, e.g. febrile neutropenia, in patients with non-myeloid malignancies undergoing myeloab lative chemotherapy followed by marrow transplantation.
4. Patients undergoing peripheral blood Progenitor cell collection and therapy:
Filgrastim is indicated for the mobilization of hematopoietic progenitor cells into the peripheral blood for collection by leukapheresis.
5. Patients with severe chronic neutropenia:
Filgrastim is indicated for chronic administration to reduce the incidence and duration of sequelae of neutropenia (e.g. fever, infections, oropharyngeal ulcers) in symptomatic patients with congenital neutropenia, cyclic neutropenia or idiopathic neutropenia.